Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Your needs as a caregiver are just as important as those your family member with Alzheimer's Disease or dementia. This book will provide just the insight and guidance you need.
Caregiving for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease or dementia is hard. It's hard whether you're caring for your spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, other family member, or friend. Even if you had an extra ten hours each day to do it, it's hard to manage all the problems that come with dementia.
And caring for a loved one with dementia can sometimes feel like a long, lonely journey. Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
can help, addressing concerns such as:
- Is the problem Alzheimer's, dementia, or something else?
- How do you approach problems in dementia?
- How do you manage problems with memory, language, and vision?
- How do you cope with emotional and behavioral problems?
- What are the best ways to manage troubles with sleep and incontinence?
- Which medications can help?
- Which medications can actually make things worse?
- How do you build your care team?
- Why is it important to care for yourself?
- How do you sustain your relationship with your loved one?
- How do you plan for the progression of dementia?
- How do you plan for the end and beyond? Six Steps to Managing Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
is comprehensive yet written in an easy-to-read style, featuring clinical vignettes and character-based stories that provide real-life examples of how to successfully manage Alzheimer's disease and dementia.